What is it?
The YPSILON (pronounced ip.si.lon) is SILCA’s take on the unassuming Y-wrench. Most tools in this layout feature 4mm, 5mm and 6mm keys; meaning that the wrenches for some of the most common use cases in cycling are readily available in one tool. The shape of the Y-wrench also offers superior control and stability over traditional hex keys, especially in tighter work spaces.
Who's it for?
Uncompromising cyclists and mechanics alike who obsess over every fine detail and desire a versatile Y-wrench in their workshop.
Why it was designed
Ypsilon was designed by a team of engineers and mechanics who obsess over improving products. The body of the tool is constructed using a composite polymer with soft over-mold grips. Unlike traditional Y-wrench designs, YPSILON is customizable and adaptable to the mechanic’s preferences. This is accomplished by using a ¼” bit collet with magnetic bit attachment in place of a fixed 6mm hex. This departure from the traditional Y-wrench design was inspired by the versatility of our T-Ratchet + Ti Torque kit. The YPSILON can easily transform into any required ¼” based tool by swapping out the bit.
The YPSILON HOME KIT features a comprehensive selection of precision S2 steel bits in a handmade Birch case.
- High strength CrV steel spine leading to 4mm and 5mm hex
- Lightweight composite polymer body with ergonomic grips
- ¼” bit collet with magnetic bit attachment
- S2 steel Hex bits: 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3 and 6mm
- S2 steel Torx® bits: T8, T10, T15, T20, T25 and T30
- S2 steel Screw bits: PH1, PH2, SL4 and SL5
- Birch case with magnetic closure