La Bicicletta Basic Bike Repair
Fix your bike! Come join our professional mechanic Alex for an evening of fun and learning. Register for one of the three available sessions;
- Tuesday June 11, 7-9pm - (Completed)
- Thursday June 20, 7-9pm - (Completed)
- Tuesday July 9, 7-9pm
The workshop content is outlined below and it should run approximately 2 hours. Spaces will be limited! Sign up now!
Basic Bike Repair - Workshop Outline
1. Bicycle Anatomy 101
A. Parts of a bicycle
B. Brief overview of function, with a focus on the drivetrain.
2. Fix a flat tire-at home or on the roadside-important!
A. How to determine what size tube/tire you need.
B. How to remove wheel and fix flat
3. Basic gear shifting adjustment-keep your bike running smoothly and efficiently
A. derailleur limit screws.
B. Derailleur hanger alignment
C. Cable tension for perfect and precise shifting
D. Chain care and wear
4. Brake adjustment-stopping is as important as going!
A. Brake pad wear
B. How to adjust brakes with barrel adjuster and/or cable
C. correct brake pad alignment.
- 5. Time allocated for questions and other topics.